Top 10 Smartphones of 2010
According to the International Business Times (US Edition), here are the top 10 smartphones of 2010.
- Apple iPhone 4 – Okay, so we start off with no surprises. The iPhone is also the UK’s favourite.
- HTC EVO 4G – To quote a review by Engadget, “Every square millimeter of the EVO serves (or seems to serve) a purpose — nothing is there simply for the sake of design.”
- Samsung Galaxy S – The Galaxy S made Time Magazine’s ‘Top 10 Gadgets of 2010’ and is said that more than 10 million were sold worldwide.
- Motorola Droid – While not quite living up to its nickname, “the iPhone killer”, the Droid, Droid 2, and Droid X have all been favoured, with more than 3.8 million sold by Q3 last year.
- HTC Droid Incredible – According to PC Magazine, “The Droid Incredible by HTC is an absolutely amazing device. […] it reflects and enhances the state of the art smartphone…”
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 – While RIM continues to decline in the smartphone race, this offering last year was a winner, coming in 6th on Wirefly’s annual top 10 for 2010.
- Google Nexux One – Also on Time’s “Top 10 Gadgets” list, the Nexus One mostly suffered from poor marketing.
- Nokia N8 – While Nokia is not a big smartphone contender, the N8 sold close to four million in Q4 2010.
- HTC Desire – Winner of “Phone of the Year” at the annual T3 Awards.
- 10. HTC HD7 Windows Phone 7 – We should be seeing more on this one in 2011
Image Courtesy of Apple