Will You Sell Your iPhone 5 Upon It’s Release?
The much anticipated Apple iPhone 5 is expected to be launched onto the market on 12th September 2012, according to all reports. Already we have seen an increase in the number of previous generation of iPhone’s sold throughout SellMyMobile.com, including the Apple iPhone 4 16GB, and the Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB, as prices will start to fall throughout September time.
So for those of you who are looking at getting the iPhone 5, just how many of you will end up trading it back in within the first month? And how many will get sold compared to its predecessors?
If we take a look back at the estimated iPhone sales we see some interested results:
- The Apple iPhone 1 peaked at around a few thousands sales back in late 2007.
- The Apple iPhone 3G saw sales rise to past 7,000 at in 2008 and continued to sell right into 2009.
- The Apple iPhone 3GS, which is one of the more popular phones to be recycled nowadays, had the same amount of sales at its peak, as the 3G, but spanned over a greater time period.
- The Apple iPhone 4 really pushed on and came in with an impressive 15,000+ sales in 2011 (months after its initial release).
- Finally the Apple iPhone 4S reached an incredible height with over 30,000 sales recorded last year. This could have been due to the constant rumored release dates which spread like wildfire for several months and of course due to the passing away of the inspirational Steve Jobs.
It’s hard to say whether the iPhone 5 will hit the same volume of sales as the 4S, it feels like the build up hasn’t been as big as the 4S, and of course the 4S was labelled by many as the “iPhone 4 Steve”.
That said, we believe that the iPhone 5 will still make its mark, and the increase in Apple fans over the years will also aid that sales figure.